1. The extra cardio will be good for your game
2. You can wear your Gis for extra grips
3. All those “get in my guard” jokes will be true for once.
4. The endorphins released are good for. FACT.
5. If you’re really bendy you can do kinky “rubber guard” stuff.
6. You’ll finally have a use for all those belts
7. No-one could be accused of “sleeping through their grades” if everyone is doing it
8. BJJ girls will get mount and BJJ guys won’t care
9. Rear mount is not as bad a postion to be in as you think
10. You get to practise all those new techniques you’ve wanted to
11. You can make your own north/south joke here
12. Xmas is a time for charity, and some of us don’t get out much…
And finally, if those 12 reasons don’t convince you. I have one final thing to say: A lot of clubs close up over this time and people will be feeling the withdrawal soon. Fucking might not be as good as actually rolling, but it’s pretty damn close.
Merry Christmas, Bitches. x
PS I can’t believe I got through that whole list without making a single “Dominant position” or “Submission” joke.